Thursday, 4 March 2010

A stroll in the sunshine....02/03/2010


It was such a wonderful sunny day that I couldn't resist the temptation to go for a short stroll in the sunshine and fresh air! So off I set for the short drive to the Churchyard that is adjacent to the Fallow Deer Park on the Hagley Hall Estate. The Fallow Deer were well scattered in the park today, Carrion Crows and Magpies were also to be seen in the park. It was surprisingly quiet with birds today, just the odd calls from Blue Tits and unusually not a Long-tailed Tit in sight! I did however have decent views with binoculars of a Buzzard being mobbed by a Carrion Crow, after what seemed to be about five minutes the Crow gave up and left the Buzzard in peace. I later heard a Buzzard mewing but did not catch sight of it. The view in the photo attached is the view looking towards Wychbury Hill which is part of the Hagley Hall Estate and can be accessed from public footpaths. The Obelisk can be seen in the center of the photo. This area is where I found my one and only Hawfinch in December 2008! No Hawfinch today just an enjoyable stroll in the sunshine.

2 comments:

  1. A lovely picture to illustrate your report Pam,Hagley Hall Estate looks very grand!
    Nice to see the spot where the Hawfinch was spotted too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Ruth! There are areas which I would love to explore but there is an electric fence in between me and the areas.lol!!

    ReplyDelete