Monday, 19 April 2010

My Saturday solitude morning!....17/04/2010








Driving to the Fisheries in glorious sunshine a Song Thrush was seen as it flew in to a hedgerow and a couple of Swallows were seen around the paddocks. Two Chiffchaffs were continually singing, no doubt after a mate or being territorial, for whichever reason neither bird seemed to want to stop singing or give in to the other.lol Their song rang out the whole time I was on my walk. A Blackcap and Chaffinch were also in full song other than these birds the area was quiet. I did spot a Green Woodpecker as it flew the length of a field to a tree. The usual suspects Woodpigeon, Magpie, Blackbird and Blue & Great Tits were seen regularly. As I made for home I spotted a Skylark fly down in to a field so I parked along the track and tried for a photo! Well I tried very hard, not easy in a large field and managed a couple of ropey photo's so I am adding them to my blog, my first of the year Skylark pics and I tried too hard for them not to add them.lol!! Lesser Celandine, Horsetail and Dandelion were growing well, also the Brambles now have fresh green shoots and the trees are leafing up well in this relatively mild weather. Good to see some colour coming back to the countryside!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely indeed to see the colour spreading on natures canvas isn't it Pam!
    The Celandines have had a good year and are still looking good and Dandelions always seem to do well don't they.....especially in the garden it seems! lol
    Nice shots of your Skylark......not easy,I tried dismally at the weekend so well done in getting a few in shot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is lovely to see fresh new growth on trees and in hedgerows, we have finally turned the corner from the long Winter! Dandelions seem to be everywhere this spring, I cannot remember seeing so many on the roadsides! The cold weather must have given them a boost!

    The Skylark pics were so difficult, I almost gave up. Hopefully I will get a better photo as the weeks go by. Good luck with your attempts with Skylarks.

    Thanks for showing your interest and steadfastly commenting on my blog!:-)

    ReplyDelete