Tuesday, 1 June 2010

Long-eared Owl. Moors Pools, WWT Upton Warren....09/05/2010






Great excitement as me and my daughter got out of my car at the carpark at the Moors Pools and were booting up (walking boots on for the uninitiatated.lol!), a gentleman told us that there was a Long-eared Owl perched in the reeds on the Moors Pools and that a warden would direct us to the site to view the Owl! What a treat to see such a stunning Owl! Fortunately it had perched near to the edge of the reeds so good views were had and pics were possible! A lifer for me and a great bird to see, we were well pleased! Other highlights today were Common Tern, Greenshank, Oystercatcher, G C Grebes and L R Plover at the Moors Pools! Over at the Flashes highlights were Greenshank (1), Avocet with 3 chicks, Redshank, L R Plover, Oystercatcher, Shelduck, Common Whitethroat, Sedge Warbler, Songthrush, Cetti's warbler, and Reed Warbler that posed very nicely thank you for a couple of pics! One of the photo's attached of the Reed Warbler I have to thank my daughter for lending me the pic as it is a full frontal and better than the one I took of the same bird! The vegetation got in the way in my pic.lol!!! A super day today and a great thrill to see the Owl!

2 comments:

  1. Super images of your L.E.O Pam.....how lucky you were to be guided to see such a wonderful sight.....he's stunning!
    The borrowed Reed Warbler pic is another stunner,well captured by your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your kind comments, Ruth!

    The right time at the right place.....a pity this doesn't happen more often.lol!! I shall certainly remember seeing my first LEO!

    ReplyDelete