Friday, 30 July 2010

Butterflies
















The butterfly photo's were taken during the months of May, June and July 2010. Most were captured while out birding and the more common one's in my garden. In my dreams to get a Pearl-bordered fritillary or a Small Copper butterfly in my garden! I did get 2 Holly blue's during July though.lol!




Butterflies

Butterflies go fluttering by
On colored wings that catch the eye.
On wings of orange, and silvery blue,
On wings of golden yellow, too.
Butterflies float in the air,
Making their homes most anywhere:
The rainforest, field, and prairie land,
On mountaintops, and desert sand.
If winter brings the cold and snow,
To warmer climates, off they go!
Returning home the following spring,
Beautiful butterflies on the wing!


Author Unknown.

2 comments:

  1. Some really beautiful butterfly images Pam and a lovely poem to accompany them!
    I hope you get your wish and that a Small Copper will visit your garden soon,they tend to be on the wing later in the year so perhaps an Indian summer will increase their numbers enough for you to spot one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your kind words, Ruth!

    I saw plenty of Small Copper butterflies yesterday at Hurcott but none in my garden.lol!! I shall keep my eyes peeled for them when summer...I mean an Indian summer arrives.lol!

    ReplyDelete