Wednesday, 7 July 2010

A Poem and a Sunset....7/07/2010


The first verse of the poem has been my Signature for a few years on a Forum and this evening I decided it was time for a change! I am adding the entire poem on my blog as it is such a delightful and thought provoking poem and has served me well. After a blustery, cloudy and warm day it was a joy to see a striking sunset this evening, it did not last for many minutes so l was pleased to have managed a photo. The sun has set on my poem and also at the end of what has been in the main a stormy looking summer's day.

HOPE IS A THING WITH FEATHERS

Author: Emily Dickinson

Hope is a thing with feathers
That perches in the soul
And sings a tune without words
And never stops at all.

And sweetest, in the gale, is heard
And sore must be the storm
That could abash the little bird
That keeps so many warm.

I've heard it in the chilliest land
And on the strangest sea
Yet, never, in extremity
It ask a crumb of me.

2 comments:

  1. So nice to read your signature in it's entirety Pam,what beautiful words they are!
    That's a super sunset that you captured.....a really nice finale to your poem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are beautiful words Ruth, I am glad you enjoyed reading the poem.
    Sunsets haven't been in abundance this summer, well not in my area so it was good to capture one and at an appropriate time too.

    ReplyDelete