Saturday, 18 September 2010

Brandon Marsh....12/09/2010











Once again a great day was enjoyed at Brandon Marsh.The highlight today was a Hobby hunting over the Top Pools Reedbeds! Great views were had as it swooped time after time after the Dragonflies. I managed a record photo of it when it perched at a distance. Not a great photo I know but my photography is for my own pleasure not perfection, though it is always a great feeling to get a half decent image.

33 species seen today with other highlights being Green and Common Sandpiper, Turnstone and Kingfisher. I really enjoy the walks at Brandon Marsh, so pleasing! I am finding more and more that I prefer a good walk rather than sit it out in a hide hoping for a goodie to fly in. A good way to keep warm in the winter too, a brisk walk!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like another super visit to Brandon Marsh Pam,I love your fungi pics especially and your sighting of the hobby sounds really exciting.......amazing to watch aren't they!
    Nice to see some autumn fruitfullness and the Evening Primrose is a nice addition!
    My fave pic has to be the Green Sandpiper though,a cracking image,well done!
    I'm looking forward to seeing some reports & shots from warmer climes in your blog shortly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems an age ago my visit to Brandon Marsh, Ruth! It was great watching the Hobby, always a joy to see. Thank you very much for the kind comments and especially on my Green Sandpiper photo.

    A report and pics on my warmer climes holiday will be posted when I have sorted the pics and climatised myself to the weather and daily routines again.lol!!

    ReplyDelete