Saturday, 16 October 2010

Update: Upton Warren 10/10/2010...Fisheries 16/10/2010





The Pectoral Sandpiper very kindly waited at the Flashes for me to return from my holiday! What a beautiful little wader! I was so pleased that it hung around for so long for me to see it, I had my doubts when I could see it reported the day before I went away.

I had a short linger at the Fisheries this afternoon, blow me it was cold!!! A few Gulls flying high, too high for me to ID them. Not that I am any good at Gull ID's mind! Magpies and Crows in the paddocks, a G S Woodpecker flew through and I heard a Buzzard, other than these species it was very quiet! Dark clouds were rolling over and rain was clearly visible dropping from them in the distance so I thought it time to make my way home. A Jay was mooching along a hedgerow as I drove down a lane towards home! I managed to get my washing in and garage my car before a quick shower of rain! A welcome cuppa soon warmed me up!

2 comments:

  1. So pleased to hear that the Pectoral Sandpiper waiting for your return before continuing with it's journey Pam and super pics to remember it by too......a stunner indeed!
    The field and tree images are wonderful.......you can see that rain on it's way!
    I love your new header picture,a stunning Whinchat making your blog look very professional......good to have you back my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to be back and thank you for the kind comments, Ruth!
    The Pectoral Sandpiper is a striking little bird, I just wish it had made it's way a little closer for a better pic.lol!! Great views through scope and bins of it though so I was more than happy with that.

    Glad you like the Whinchat photo, Ruth! The Whinchat was seen on the first day of our holiday...we headed straight to our favourite Lagoon after a rest to see 'what was about'.lol!!

    ReplyDelete