Friday, 18 March 2011

Bullfinches visit!....17/03/2011

I had a surprise visit by a pair of Bullfinches early this morning! They are rare visitors in my garden and hardly ever stay for long after they have fed. The last pair in my garden was in June of last year. Always nice to see new garden visitors and a special treat when they are such colourful birds as the Bullfinches!
So, not a rare/scarce species but special birds nonetheless and I didn't have to step outside of my front door to go looking for them. Magic!!!


2 comments:

  1. Nice to see your Bullfinch pair Pam and very smart they look too....I hope they'll soon become regulars to your garden!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They returned on the 19th (Saturday) Ruth! I haven't spotted them since but hopefully they will visit if only occasionally.

    ReplyDelete