Monday, 18 April 2011

North Norfolk....The final day.

Everything was packed early in the car and ready for the journey home on the frosty and sunny Sunday morning. The Lake looked so atmospheric with the mist hanging over it I couldn't resist taking a pic or two before the sun burnt the mist away. A Muntjac was on the opposite bank to me, this was to be the second sighting I had of one/it in the same area.

A short walk in Wells Wood before the journey home was pleasant and productive! A couple of Grey Partridge were spotted in a field adjacent to the wood along with Pheasants and plenty of Woodpigeons. Robin, Chaffinch, Sedge Warbler and Song Thrush were encountered and a pleasant surprise was a Coal Tit and Brambling, these being the first of these species seen on the trip.

On the journey home Buzzards were to be seen several times, especially so when nearing the Midlands. A Red Kite was spotted on the border of Rockingham Forest and 3 more were viewed circling over and around Thrapston Services! Wonderful birds to view and close views at that!

The few days spent in North Norfolk were the best I have had there, not that I have been that often! 98 species were seen, that is good for me, no, very good.lol!!
Great company, great birding, great weather and a suntan! What more could one ask for.lol!!










2 comments:

  1. Wonderful ethereal lake shots Pam....a fitting end to your amazing holiday eh!
    The Red Kite image is a nice capture,well done!
    I feel like I've had a holiday myself after reading through your posts....nice reminders of a memorable holiday for you matey.....thanks for taking me along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A couple of mornings the lake misted over but the last day was the best Ruth!

    Thank you for following and for your kind comments Ruth! It has been good to post of the trip, it really was a memorable trip!

    I shall look forward to reading of your Norfolk trip when you manage a visit Ruth!

    ReplyDelete