Saturday, 27 August 2011

In my garden...August 2011.

Small Tortoiseshell.
Gatekeeper.

Red Admiral.




Red Admiral and Small Tortoiseshell.

Twenty-plume moth.
Two pics taken, obviously on different camera settings. The moth shone beautifully with the bathroom lights on it.lol!






Ipomea (Morning Glory)
Each flower only lasts for a day but is continually followed with further flowers daily throughout the summer.




Green Shieldbug.
I have been informed that this tiny bug is probably a 3rd instar nymph of the Green Shieldbug (Palomena prasina).






Sunset.
Image taken from my garden on the 24th August.

5 comments:

  1. Amazing what you can find in the garden - and in the bathroom apparently. That moth's a real beauty. Well photographed too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fine collection of butterflies there Pam but the plume moth is the real star!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much indeed John and Jason for your kind comments!

    For such a tiny moth the plume moth is a real beauty when viewed closely. I have lost count of the number of people who think I am a bit loopy for taking an interest in moths and then I explain how intricately patterned most moths are...not just plain brown, white, grey etc etc.

    One day I may purchase a moth trap and really go to town with them..the moths not the people.lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely images from around your house and garden Pam....the Red Admiral is a beauty and I too love the effect of the mirrored Plume Moth....very well captured!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Plume Moth and Red Admiral were a welcome change to try my photograph skills on Ruth.lol! Thank you for your kind comment!

    ReplyDelete