Sunday, 18 December 2011

A Feeding Frenzy!....15/12/2011

Having been given a bag full of bread from a local ('bacon butty' caravan) I decided that the Black-headed Gulls at Brake Lane would appreciate a crumb or two as the weather had turned cold! To say they made a racket would be an understatement! Mallards, a couple of Coots and Moorhens and of course the Swans were harrassed by the Gulls. One of the adult Swans was busy keeping the Canada Geese at bay, I felt a bit sorry for the Geese! On my way back to my car I inadvertently distubed two Kingfishers that must have been perched in the overhanging trees and shrubs, one took flight over the water and the other over a nearby paddock. I have seen one Kingfisher here through the summer, two was a joy to see if only fleetingly!




4 comments:

  1. It always amazes me how many birds can turn up at Brake Mill. It does really well for such a relatively small pool. Back in November I saw Little Grebe there and also 4 Gadwall (2 drakes). I have even recorded Wigeon there in the past.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice one with the Gadwall and Wigeon Jason! My Daughter spotted a Tufted Duck there this afternoon.

    I shall 'keep em peeled' at Brake Mill!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet those 2 Kingfishers put a smile on your face Pam,they always do don't they.....a lovely end to your Brake Lane walk!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was good to see the Kingfishers albeit it a fleeting glance of them Ruth!

    ReplyDelete