Saturday, 24 December 2011

Holy Cross, Clent, Worcestershire....24/12/2011

A mid afternoon walk along a public footpath at Holy Cross produced Bullfinch, Goldfinch, Redpoll(sp), Blackbird, Chaffinch, Blue Tit, Long-tailed Tit (20+, Goldcrest, Robin, Magpie, Redwing and a mystery bird silently swooping out of trees which was possibly a Tawny Owl, it was too fleeting for a positive ID. The views were splendid and on a clearer day would be even better. A new area for me and one that I hope to keep a check on throughout the changing seasons.

Merry Christmas everyone!




6 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas Pam...have a lovely festive period

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jason...it was/is a good festive period and I trust yours was/is too!

    I am well pleased today as a male Blackcap was in my garden this morning feeding on the apples I have spiked on a tree! I normally see one or a pair during the first week of December, so better late than never. The mild weather no doubt is the reason for the late showing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to find another local blog!
    Hope you had a Good Christmas Pam and have a Good bird filled new year!
    Craig
    MB

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Craig, it was a good one and I hope yours was too!
    Good to have you on board, thank you.

    Happy New Birding Year 2012 to you, I hope you find some real goodies!

    Pam.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you had a good xmas Pam,all the best for a bird filled 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was a good Christmas thanks Ruth, I trust yours was too.

    Enjoy good birding in 2012!

    ReplyDelete