Sunday, 4 December 2011

"It's Beginning To Look a Lot Like Christmas!....29/11/11

Well it did in Birmingham City Centre and at the German Market! At the German Market the spirit of Christmas abounded with gifts, delicious looking cakes, savouries, beers and hot chocolate drinks with a touch of the 'Christmas' spirit...hic!!! It had been a long time since I had ventured in to the City and fortunately London Midland have some spanking new trains running which makes the journey as pleasurable as a journey to Brum can be! A bonus was having clean and graffiti clear windows for starters! The German Market had
similiar ware for sale as on my previous visit a couple of years ago, however it was good to be in amongst the hustle and bustle of 'Christmas' in Brum!
Birds were noticeably in short supply, the weather being dull and very windy did not help no doubt. I spotted a couple of Woodpigeons on the journey to Brum and nothing on the way home as it was by then chucking it down with rain. I never cast an eye on a Starling in the town, so very different to a few years ago when they were so numerous and I saw just 2 Feral Pigeons hanging around the station entrance for a morsel or two on my way home.
All in all a good day, I returned home with my arms laden with shopping and my bank balance much lighter.lol!!




3 comments:

  1. Ah, the German market. Me and the good lady will be up there next week sampling its wares!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you enjoyed a successful,seasonal shopping trip into the city Pam,a friend of mine took over 2 hours to get out of the multi-storey shoppers car park there at the weekend.....what a nightmare!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy the wares Jason but avoid the weekend, as no doubt you will! I was told that it was shoulder to shoulder walking around there on Saturday!


    It doesn't surprise me at all Ruth! As you can see I have forewarned Jason about the weekends in Brum! A nightmare indeed!! I may be braving Brum again on Friday though.lol!

    ReplyDelete