Monday, 16 January 2012

Hungry Gulls and a Fox....16/01/2012

Black-headed Gulls (16+) slowly descended on my garden making me feel quite dizzy as I watched them fly around and around my garden until they felt safe enough to land and get their share of the food I had put out for the birds on this cold and frosty morning. I had today put bread out along with the scones, sultanas and seed as I knew the birds would be hungry after such a cold night. The Crows, Magpies and Woodpigeons were not too pleased with the new arrivals! A male and female Blackcap were a welcome sight on the apples that I spike on a tree. A Coal Tit has been a frequent visitor since this recent cold spell started, always a lovely to bird to see. Two Robins, Great and Blue Tits, Dunnocks and Blackbirds are the regulars. A Wren has visited the last couple of days, a very welcome sight. This afternoon a Fox was in my garden, it ate one of the fallen apples and then inspected around the feeders and after a mooch around crept through the hole in the fence at the bottom of my garden. I have had a few calling cards left recently so to see the Fox was not a surprise, it must have been hungry visiting in daylight though it looked quite a well fed Fox. An absolute pleasure to see.

4 comments:

  1. Nice to see all your garden visitors Pam,especially old Reynard......what a lovely sight for you to see on a cold and frosty morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ruth. It was good to see the Gulls and Fox in my garden, they also boost my weekly BTO count.lol! I am waiting patiently to record Redwing and Fieldfare, oh and the odd Waxwing.lol

    I have only this evening been able to post a reply, so my apologies to you Ruth. Circumstances beyond my control.lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy your pictures. Thanks for the nice report.

    Carola

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your kind comment Carola, it is very much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete