Monday, 23 April 2012

An early walk to miss the showers....21/04/2012

A bright bit cold start to the day with heavy showers forecast for later in the day so I was off bright and early(ish) for a walk around Wassell Grove Fisheries. The usual Tits and Corvids were seen along with Greenfinch, Goldfinch, Swallow x2, Dunnock, Chiffchaff, Blackbird, Wren, Linnet, Starling and the stars of the walk...Blackcaps x3! Two males and one female were in the trees as I was ending my walk. I watched and listened to them for several minutes, the males were in full song and seemingly hoping to win the heart of the female. No contact was made by the two males which was surprising and it all ended amicably when one of the males left leaving the remaining pair in peace. A lovely spectacle to see and hear.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Pam, I must say We are jealous of what you get in the garden. Great stuff. Despite putting out all the right food (I think!) we don't seem to get a huge variety. But we'll persevere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tom, do persevere as you never know you may eventually get Mallards in the garden as I did!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pam,

    Hope you are well - haven't spoken for a while.

    Have been reading your blog as always with interest - you actually inspired me to visit Clee Hills myself (after reading your post on 01/04/2012) on Sunday where I was fortunate enough to see my first Ring Ouzel (2 x male, 1 x female), Wheatear (male & female), Meadow Pipit, Stonechat, Linnet, Buzzard, Kestrel, loads of Rabbits & loads of cute lambs!

    Have some new stuff on my TW at: http://www.talkwildlife.com/profile/wildliferob

    Nice to see you had the Blackcaps - lovely birds, my friend gets them in his garden but I haven't been so fortunate! Did have a female I believe it was (without checking my app on my iPod I can't remember if it was male or female!) at Tiddesley Wood in Worcestershire the other week.

    Keep up the great blog :)

    Best Wishes,

    Rob

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rob,

    Good to hear from you again. I am well thanks and trust you are too.

    You did well seeing three Ring Ouzels, I only managed one but that was still a treat to see. Glad you had such a productive trip to Clee Hill.

    I will catch up with you on TW soon!

    I had a male Blackcap in my garden yesterday, only passing through but still good to see.

    Thanks for your kind comments.

    All the best,

    Pam

    ReplyDelete