Tuesday, 13 January 2015

A singing Storm Cock!

13th January.

A longer walk than of late around Brake Mill Pools was very pleasant in the sunshine though by the time I had finished my walk the rain clouds were gathering. Highlight species seen in no particular order were Mistle and Song Thrush, Wren, Redwing (6+), Treecreeper, Jay, Common Buzzard, Little Grebe x2, Goosander (1m +2f ) plus the usual Robins, Tits, Gulls and Corvids  etc  etc!

I can't help but feel that my photo's would have been wonderful if the sun had kept shining.;-)



2 comments:

  1. Hi Pam so nice to be able to catch up with your blog again......love the new 70's style!! lol
    Nice to see your sunny, warm Cornwall & Algarve images, how I long for those days.....especially as I'm just in from a rather chilly walk!!
    Yes Morecambe Bay is huge isn't it? But fascinating and so alive too!
    Plans are being made for an exciting birding year here, hope your's will be one too!
    Happy New birding Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha! So it is 70's style then... I am not old enough to remember that era.;-)

    Thanks for your kind comments Ruth!

    I hope you have warmed up now from your walk! With even chillier temperatures forecast for the weekend thermals will come in to their own. lol!

    Good to hear you are making some exciting plans for the year.

    Happy New Birding Year to you too Ruth!

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete