Thursday, 29 January 2015

If birds begin to sing in January, frosts will come.

"The Snow-drop, Winter's timid child,
Awakes to life, bedew'd with tears."
-  Mary Robinson
 


 
 
 

Falling Snow

"See the pretty snowflakes
Falling from the sky;
On the wall and housetops
Soft and thick they lie.

On the window ledges,
On the branches bare;
Now how fast they gather,
Filling all the air.

Look into the garden,
Where the grass was green;
Covered by the snowflakes,
Not a blade is seen."

-  Author Unknown,



"The birds are gone, The ground is white,
The winds are wild, They chill and bite;
The ground is thick with slush and sleet,
And I barely feel my feet."


Winter Poems


 "The twelve months...
Snowy, Flowy, Blowy,
Showery, Flowery, Bowery,
Hoppy, Croppy, Droppy,
Breeze, Sneezy, Freezy."

-  George Ellis 






6 comments:

  1. Hopefully I'll see snowdrops poking up throug a thin cover of snow tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope to see snowdrops without surrounding snow tomorrow! They are such hardy little plants!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have just received a blessing from above in the shape of half an inch of whitish slush. I hope that's winter done with for this year and the snowdrops can get on with their business.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe winter is set to remind us at the weekend that is it not over yet John!

      Delete
  4. Love the 12 months poem Pam, very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is an imaginative poem Ruth! I am glad you like it my friend.

    ReplyDelete