Saturday, 2 May 2015

Hammer, tail and cup in the space of an hour....02/05/2015

I am of course referring to a Yellowhammer, Yellow Wagtail and a yellow Buttercup all seen and heard (well not the buttercup) on my walk at Whittington, Stourbridge this morning. A cold and windy morning with a few spots of rain now and again but nonetheless an enjoyable walk with some delightful species seen.

Before I left home for my walk this pair returned for about an hour then took flight! They apparently haven't found suitable accommodation for nesting yet!


This little cutie has been more in than out of my garden for the past few days.

It was a treat to see a female Wheatear as my last sightings here were all males! Today I sighted 3 males and 1 female.





My first of the Summer Buttercup.
Is it really summertime? I think not as it is so cold!


This delightful Corn Bunting was singing away happily despite the wind and overcast sky!
 

The Yellowhammer was not going to be outdone by the Corn Bunting and joined in with a song!

What a treat to see the Yellow Wagtail obligingly posing for me! A little stunner!



May has started off ok we just need the sun to shine now!

















2 comments:

  1. From cream to lemon, all the shades of yellow

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Spring colour in abundance Si!

    ReplyDelete