Wednesday, 20 January 2016

A Mutation of Thrushes.

A Crime to Report.

I've a crime to report-
The Rowan tree said-
The theft of some red berries,
Small, round, red.
It happened this morning-
Kids, I suppose-
I was tired from the gale
And having a doze.
A difficult case-
The policeman said,
Licking his pencil-
And scratching his head-
We'll send down forensics
To search for clues:
Fingerprints, tyre marks,
The imprint of shoes,
But, if you ask me,
This berrying job
Sounds like the work
Of the MIstle Thrush mob.
We'll do what we can-
But a word to the wise-
Get some insurance,
And watch the skies.

Richard Edwards.



16/01/2016

I was rather chuffed with the sighting of 2 Mistle Thrush silently feeding along the edge of a field in the company of  Fieldfares, Redwings and Blackbirds! It had been a couple of years since my last sighting of Mistle Thrush at Brake lane, West Hagley. A party of Long-tailed Tits worked the hedgerow, Starlings flew overhead and a Great Spotted Woodpecker was to be my first of 2016!

                                     






 
 
My favourite Garden/Woodland bird.




Literally hundreds of Gulls flew on to the water as I counted the Goosanders of which there were 17 in total. A good count for Brake Mill Pool.



 
 
 
Now you see me......

 
Now you don't!



I was surprised to see a hot air balloon on what was a very cold and frosty morning. I later spotted 2 more 'Flying High' in the sky!







                         Spot the Goldcrest. It's in there somewhere!

 
 

2 comments:

  1. Lovely sighting and pics Pam ,love the Mistle Thrush images especially.
    I've not seen a Goosander yet this year, or a Goldcrest.....& that includes yours! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha! The elusive Goldcrest! I hope you see Goosander and Goldcrest sooner rather than later Ruth!

    I was thrilled to see the Mistle Thrushes, it had been a long while since my last sightings of the species.

    Enjoy the weekend if you can dodge the heavy showers Ruth!

    ReplyDelete