Friday, 1 January 2016

My first bird sighting of 2016 was.......

a Magpie! My 2nd sighting was a Woodpigeon and 3rd a Black-headed Gull. My first bird heard singing was a Robin in the early hours of the morning.

The weather was ok this morning, cold with a slight wind but it changed considerably early afternoon just as I arrived at Brake Mill Pool to feed the ducks! Cold, cold rain came down so I didn't hang around for too long. I added 16 to my New Years Day list so not all in vain and the ducks etc appreciated the brown bread and a Robin enjoyed seed I had placed on top of a few fence posts. Good to see a few Goosander on the water, I counted 8 males and 3 females, they stay well back on the pool so I rarely manage a decent pic of them not that it is that important.

A few  images to start 2016 off with.




4 comments:

  1. Good old tufted duck, coming to you from a town pond near you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha! You have them weighed up Si!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My first bird of 2016 was a BH Gull as I opened the bedroom curtains on New Years Day!
    Here's to a super birding year for all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. B H Gulls seem to be stealing the limelight from our 'normal' garden birds for being 1st, 2nd or 3rd bird first seen on New Years Day.lol


    ReplyDelete