Monday, 15 February 2016

Return of the Finches!

A pair each of Greenfinch and Bullfinch have been a pleasure to see once again on the feeders in my garden! I had been hearing the male Bullfinches piping call at times when I was outdoors so I knew it wasn't far away and that before long it would come to feed.


Local walk...13/02/2016
 
Literally hundreds of Gulls (mainly Black-headed, a few Herring and a lone Lesser-black Backed ) in flight were making their way towards a sheep field as I drove the lane to the destination for my walk . Gulls in great numbers are in my eyes an impressive sight. I was to see several flocks of mobile Gulls during my early morning walk, something was apparently making them quite jittery or they just needed a change of scenery perhaps.;-)
 
A few pics taken on my walk.
 
 
 
What a hoot!


 
 
 
Big Brother is watching.;-)

 
 
...................................................................................................................................................
 
RSPB Sandwell Valley. 14/02/2016
 
It was a bitterly cold day but an enjoyable one nonetheless.
 
Reed Buntings were to be the only addition to my species list for 2016, Goosander, Great Crested Grebe, nesting Oystercatchers, Tufted Ducks, Gadwall, Wigeon and a cute little Pied Wagtail being the highlights.
 



 
 
 
Swan Pool
 
What a great idea for a viewing screen! Educational as well as having plenty of peep holes!






 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. I'm desperate for some birds to come to my feeder so I can snap them! Love your metal owls gauging the wind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are not my Owls Si, I spotted them atop a house on my walk. I have a Golfer on mine!

    Hope you get your feeders full of birds soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to catch up with your latest blog post Pam, love your heart shaped Bullfinch image, how nice to have both of them in your garden. We used to have Greenfinches but sadly not anymore.
    The viewing screen is a lovely idea, love the owl wind vane too, which golfer do you have on yours then? Tom KITE!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like it! Very clever Ruth, Tom KITE it is from now on.lol

    I was pleased to see the pair of Greenfinches as they have been absent from my garden the last couple of years, hopefully they will bring some juveniles with them in a few months time. Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete