Saturday, 7 May 2016

What a Star!

The Star being a lone Starling in my garden early on Thursday (May 5th) morning! Nothing Star..tling to get excited about you may think but to me it was a pleasure to see! Starlings have been a rare sight in my garden the last couple of years. From 2003 to 2011 they were daily visitors and recorded in my weekly BTO Garden Birdwatch. About the same time of year (May) in 2014 was my last garden sighting of a Starling. I sometimes sight them flying over my garden in Spring and early Summer yet do not drop in to feed, why I do not know as feeders are provided all year round.

Anyway I rejoice in seeing my 'Lone' Starling which I hope will return!


 
 
What a tasty treat...well for birds it is!!!!
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Quite right - we so often overlook the beauty and wonder of common birds.

    ReplyDelete