Tuesday, 31 January 2017

RSPB Big Garden Birdwatch 28th January 2017

I was more than pleased with my garden bird watch count this year as a Sparrowhawk and a Goldcrest ( not weekly visitors) paid a visit to my garden, a welcome addition to my counts and how timely!

My list: 1 each of Goldcrest, Coal Tit, Great Tit, Wren and Sparrowhawk, 2 each of Blue Tit, Robin, Magpie and Carrion Crow, 3 each of  Dunnock and Blackbird and 10 Woodpigeons!

I reckon after the recent cold weather followed by heavy rain the birds were ready for a good feed! The Sparrowhawk did not capture any of my garden visitors....not on this visit! ;-)


Redwings were perched a couple of gardens away....no matter how much I wished they did not venture in to my garden! :-)




Blackbird...The Beatles


Blackbird singing in the dead of night
Take these broken wings and learn to fly
All your life
You were only waiting for this moment to arise.
 
Blackbird singing in the dead of night
Take these sunken eyes and learn to see
All your life
You were only waiting for this moment to be free.
 
Lovely to hear Robin and Blackbird song again early mornings! Spring is just around the corner!



















No comments:

Post a Comment