Friday, 17 March 2017

Chiffchaff , Crow and Heron!

I heard my first Chiffchaff on Wednesday (15th) at Bodenham Arboretum, it made my day!

Yesterday (16th) a visit from a Grey Heron, it was perched on top of conifers at the end of my garden. A Carrion Crow was not well pleased with this invader on it's territory and launched a couple of swoops/attacks on the heron. As you can see from the images the heron was somewhat laidback with the mild onslaught but after a minute or two decided to take flight.

I have not seen a single Butterfly at present, I doubt the weekend will yield many with rain forecast.



4 comments:

  1. It's great to hear the Chiffys back again isn't it Pam. Feels like Spring is all about to happen now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chiffchaff no.2 for me this morning, down Whittington Lane! A bit like buses aren't they Jason!

      Delete
  2. 1st Chiffchaff March 13th here Pam, loads of Sand Martins @ Marbury this morning despite the weather!
    Hoping for an improvement over the next 2 days so we can "escape"! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How lovely that you have seen so many returning Sand Martins and as you say despite the weather Ruth!

      Weather is cold and sunny here today, downhill from later on today!

      Delete