Tuesday, 28 March 2017

Comma, Coltsfoot, Chiffchaff, Chaddesley Woods.....26/03/2017

At last! A Comma butterfly was my first of the year, two in fact seen at Chaddesley Wood on a delightful sunny Mothering Sunday walk! A Chiffchaff singing was chased away by a male Goldcrest, it's fiery orange crest was much in evidence! A Bee fly was busy feeding on the nectar of the posies of Primroses, bird song filled the air and a drumming Woodpecker was heard in the distance!




 

 
Spring has arrived.
 

8 comments:

  1. oh lovely... makes me homesick for my childhood in Devon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment. Spring has to be the best season, in my humble opinion that is.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Jason. It is an exciting time of year!

      Delete
  3. Hello Pam,
    So close I've never seen it, very nice shots
    Greetings Frank

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to see you got a Spring butterfly Pam, your Bee Fly pic is very good, I've still never seen one, maybe they don't venture this far up! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your kind comments Ruth.:-)

    I have read that Bee Flies are fairly common and widespread in Britain! There is still enough of Springtime left for you to catch up with one.lol

    ReplyDelete