Monday, 4 January 2016

New beginnings.

“And now we welcome the new year, full of things that have never been”

   Rainer Maria Rilke



The rain waited for me to start my walk as has been the norm the last couple of times I have arrived at Whittington. Undeterred I made my way down the track to see what was about, in a nutshell 'not a lot'! A couple of Buzzards were vocal, Carrion Crows, Jackdaws, Magpies, a couple of Cock  Pheasants, Dunnock and a Robin were the only sightings this afternoon. However it was good to be out in the fresh air even though it was raining...again!

Lovely to see the fresh shoots on a few trees! I think this is Hazel but I am not 100% sure.
 
Gorse and  raindrops!




 
 
 
It won't be long before the Skylarks will be up in the sky singing merrily and then dropping swiftly down into the field to their nests!  


My best 'bird' image of the afternoon! Watching Buzzards soar over you is a sight I shall never tire of.

4 comments:

  1. At this rate, the skylarks will be singing in a about a weeks time, just before the swifts arrive...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This topsy turvy weather is not good for man or beast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A pretty slow start to the birding year here, hope to get out and about more next week as colder brighter & hopefully drier weather is expected!
    We've got new green leaves on the Blackberry bushes here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I spotted a few Perennial Geranium flowers this afternoon, cheery to see but unseasonal.

    Maybe Blackberry picking at Easter for you Ruth!

    A slow start to the birding year here too! When I have managed to get out there has not been much about.

    Roll on Spring!

    ReplyDelete