Saturday, 21 January 2012

Brake Mill Pool....17/01/2012

A large flock of Black-headed Gulls were on the pool and I was pleased to have spotted at last a different Gull amongst them, a Lesser Black-backed Gull!! The Gulls quickly noticed that I was feeding the Mallards etc and then it was pandemonium. Tufted Duck x 9, Coot, Moorhen, Mute Swan family and Canada Geese were on and around the pool. As I walked towards the path that leads to Stakenbridge Lane a Grey Wagtail flew to the top of a tree, this is only the second time I have spotted one here. I was to see it again on the roof of the house that is alongside the path. Birds seen today were Blue & Great Tit, Long-tailed Tit, Robin, Blackbird, Dunnock, Treecreeper, Nuthatch, Wren, Chaffinch, Song Thrush, Mistlethrush x3, Fieldfare x4, Redwing 12+, Jackdaw, Carrion Crow, Sparrowhawk (m&f) and a Buzzard that was unusually heard only. A pleasant walk in the sunshine but it was mighty cold in the shade!

2 comments:

  1. Nice to see your Grey Wagtail Pam and the Grey Squirrel pic is lovely with the sunlight illuminating his tail!
    The days are slowly lengthening aren't they......I'll soon be moaning that it's too hot! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ruth. The Grey S quirrel looked a treat in the sunlight, I know it is a Grey but.....

    You certainly won't hear me moaning when the warmth starts to be felt from the sun. Roll on 'High Summer'.lol!

    ReplyDelete