Wednesday, 28 December 2011

A brief look back at 2011.

I look back on 2011 as being a good year for me. I have found some really good local areas and hope to seek out more in 2012. A highlight for me was in April when I found a female Ring Ouzel, I was over the moon with this self found sighting. A great feeling! WWT Broadmoor Wood was another highlight in April, the Bluebells looked awesome, another visit on the cards in 2012 will be a must! Anglesey in June was a great trip with Curlew Sandpiper and Common Rosefinch being a real treat to see! My Algarve holiday in June and the fantastic day of Guided Birding in the Alentejo was unforgettable. In July the two sub-adult Tawny Owls that I came across have to be high on my unforgettable moments list of 2011. My weekend in Wales was brill with visits to Ynis-hir, Cors Fochno and the Dyfi Osprey Project with super views of the male Osprey and 3 chicks! September in North Norfolk and my first UK Little Bittern at Titchwell also ranks high on my 2011 list! My October Algarve holiday was a real treat and in glorious sunshine, again a Little Bittern at Quinta do Lago was the highlight but all the birds I see in Portugal are a delight and the same goes for the UK! December has up to now been a good month, with the return of the Winter Thrushes that I have seen on my local walks and also the flocks of Siskins. My birding year hasn't quite finished yet so a post in the New Year will be forthcoming all being well.
All that is left for me to say now is 'Happy New Year and Great Birding to Everyone in 2012!

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like 2011 was a good year for you Pam.

    I'm trying to get together a 2011 review at the mo too...but knowing me it will prob not be ready until feb 2012!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a super year you've had Pam.....some great memories for you there!
    Here's hoping 2012 will be another good year with lots of birding moments!
    Happy New Year to you Matey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a good year for me Jason, nothing outstanding but most enjoyable. I shall look forward to reading your 2011 review sometime in February then.lol!

    Great memories indeed Ruth!
    I wish you plenty of good birding moments in 2012 too Ruth!

    Happy New Year Jason and Ruth and thank you both for your kind comments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's good to be able to look back positively on the previous year, Pam.

    Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Mike.

    Happy New Year to you too.

    ReplyDelete